Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mr. Right for Me.

I know it's a wee bit late but I never got the chance to post about my Valentine surprise. I love every chance I get to brag about my man so prepare yourself because I will be covering every detail.

I asked Bret not to plan anything for me so he could truly focus on studying for his finals (our life story, i know) so when our friend Shye called and had some cookies for me to pick up I didn't think anything of it. She also offered to watch Kingston for the day so I could rest and I still didn't think anything of that. Rennai had planned to spend the day with me so she came along to drop him off. When I got there Shye was acting silly. She magically had all of KB's stuff and his pack n play for his nap. She also had an envelope for me with "My Sweet Lady" written on it with the following letter inside.

"It's Valentine's Day, Did you think I forgot?
Come on now baby, of course not.

Although I've been busy I'm not that lame,
This year you'll be playing a little Valentine's game.

I'm sending you on a hunt all over town,
You'll have to figure out some clues, are you down?

Each place reminds me of what I love about you,
Because I am the luckiest guy to have a love so true.
(insert my tears here)

You might get a little present along your way,
to help you remember and enjoy this special day.

Flowers and chocolates will not be involved,
I'm sure you'll have no problem getting this puzzle solved.

You're now ready for your first clue,
Get to it babe, you know what to do!"

(Bret stayed up till 2:30am getting the following day ready for me and then he spent the whole rest of the day and night studying so you know how much he sacrificed for me. I love him.)

"Clue #1 - I fell in love with your spiritual side, the spirit in you will always abide.
The gospel is taught here, you thirst for more, Clue #2 will be found near the back door."

We headed over to our church building and it took me a while to find my clue. (I had to text Bret) haha.

"Clue #2 - I love how much you like to have fun, You can always make me laugh, even when I think you're done.
This is one of your favorite places to go, ask a D&B employee for the next clue, he'll know."

At this point I had to go home and put some actual clothes on. (You know, like a bra and shoes, haha) So here we are driving to Dave and Busters.


The D&B guy gave me the next clue...

"Clue #3 - You're so smart, I love that a lot, You expand your mind, you don't let it rot.

The next place is close, no need to go far, a bookstore employee has the clue, then back to the car."

This clue came w/ a gift card to D&B yay my favorite!!!! Party time!

"Clue #4 - You've got mad skills, I'm not gonna lie, I love your creativity and your stylish eye. Look somewhere near the cool red door, Take some pics while you're there of clue #4"
I got another fat gift card to Barnes and Noble. I LOVE books! (Twilight plug in the back there)

"Clue #5 - I love how you're such an amazing friend, You never betray, your true to the end. You meet your friends here to share "volva?" I think, look under a table not by a sink."
(recognize the door anyone?)
The Street is where Rennai and I go for BOBA alllll the time so while we were there we of course had to get Boba Smoothies with one of the gift cards that came with my clue.
Can you say YUM!
"Clue #6 - The Greatest thing about loving you, Is I can do it forever because you said "I do." This place makes our marriage never die, I'll meet you there to tell you I.L.Y. (text me when you get this so I can meet you at the temple)"
I loved driving all over town trying to figure out all the clues (good thing you were there Rennai to help me) and getting all my gift cards, but this was my favorite part of Valentines. I met Bret at home so we could get dressed then went to the temple to do sealings. (I'm sure I was a sight to see in my get up with my 9 month belly... The sealer looked concerned haha.) This was one of the best temple experiences ever for me. It was one of the times I've been lucky enough to remember how I felt the day we got married. I was just short of sobbing while kneeling there across from my Bret, thankful for the moment to truly look at him and acknowledge how incredibly lucky I am that he ended up with the likes of me. He is so hot too, sometimes I have to take a step back and really look at him and appreciate how sexy he is. YUMMY YUM YUM. How lucky for me to be sealed to him with the strongest bonds available to mankind. If you're gagging on my corny fairy tale by now don't worry I am done. I just HAD to tell all. Ily baby!

(if there are any miss spelled words it is my own doing and not the reflection of Bret's spelling or grammar, his strengths make up for my weaknesses.)

4 comments:

Rennai said...

Lol you misspelled 'misspelled'. Also, you may want to adjust your pics a little, they don't really correspond with the text (they're out of order). It's ok, I'm here to look after you, just like on V-day :) In your defense, you were super pregnant and I hear that makes you a little spacey, and the clues were a little cryptic. I just can't understand why the second clue wasn't by a drinking fountain!!!

Kelliann said...

That's awesome Becki! For the past couple years Mike and I have made it a goal to do sealings on (or near) our anniversary. Last year we went on Valentine's Day and this year we went on Mike's birthday. It's so great to remember the covenants we made and renew our love.

Hannah said...

That is so sweet. And now I'm totally in love with the name Ily.I thought it was cute before but now I get it, duh! I love mushy fairy tales.

Heather said...

ahhhhhhhhhh