Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Birthday London!

So, here's the story of our little lady London's birthday. There are a whole lot of pics below and I wanted to add some sweet video clips that would have detailed everything out, but blogger was having a hard time with the videos, so I'll go with what I got. Our tale starts out Wednesday night. Becki didn't sleep much that night and she started having some serious contraction action. I was up early studying for my last final of this semester later that day when Becki told me to take Kingston to our neighbor's (Thanks Heather!) because she was on her way in to get checked out. I was instructed to go about my day as planned until further notice. So I went to work then to school and took my 3rd final in 3 days. Meanwhile, Becki's contractions progressed and it was concluded that today was the day of deliverance. Here is my beautiful bride below waiting so patiently in triage all day until the Dr.'s (and me) were ready for the C-section. I got to the Chandler Regional Medical Center around 3:20. By 5:00 we were all ready to go into the O.R. to have ourselves a baby. I'm not gonna lie, I really enjoyed wearing the scrubs and the hair net. Maybe a career as a lunch lady would've been a better choice for me.
Becki's sister Carli kept Becki company that morning as she waited for surgery.
All right it's go time! I think they call that a hitchhiker's thumb. I know...pretty sweet.
Becki was so excited to be having London. Here she is in the O.R. all drugged up and getting sliced open but just smiling away! I must say, I'm all for medical advancements that make our lives easier. With Kingston I didn't even look so this time I wanted to. If you know me, then you know stories about me fainting as I pulled a splinter out of my pinkie when I was like 9, passing out when I was 12 getting my blood pressure taken, fainting 3 times getting my shots for my mission, and again passing out on a first date just from her telling me a gruesome story. Well, I didn't pass out as I watched the Dr.'s work away or as I smelled the cauterizing of...well...my wife, but I did get very naucious and "green" as the nurses told me. They ended up wheeling me out in a wheel chair right after London came out. I'm just glad I didn't faint and got to experience the birth. I wanted to post some of the bloody pics to show why I got sick, but I decided they're too gross for the general public, so you'll have to take my word for it.
Here's my baby girl London! She yelped for just a minute, but is so calm and content. Is it just me, or isn't she a good looking baby? I mean, Kingston was all weird looking and squished and had a really odd shaped head. But London was hardly nicked up at all. That's my girl!
After I recovered I got to hold my baby for the first time. Man, what a moment. It's so surreal to hold your own baby. Cool feeling. Very cool.
She weighed in at 7 pounds 2 ounces (just 3 oz bigger than King) and was 20 inches long (1 inch longer).


Before her bath:

And after: I'm telling you, she's such a good looking baby! Like not even a scratch on her.
After she got all weighed, measured and bathed, she got to go back and see Mommy. Becki was all stitched up and was feeling naucious from all the meds (she puked a few times) but was so excited to get to see her precious baby doll.
Grandma and Grandpa came to visit that night to meet their new beautiful granddaughter. They are taking care of Kingston for now which is a huge help. I think London has already stolen her Grandma's heart.
One of Becki's best friends Rennai was there from about 5pm on. She brought Becki and London amazing flowers and brought me some Chipotle for dinner. Thank you soooo much Rennai for everything.
London was pretty tuckered out from the whole ordeal and didn't seem to want to party too much for her birthday. She preferred to just sleep. Becki made her this pink beanie. Her first little outfit. I'll say it with you, "Ahhh."
We are so glad that everything went so great. The timing was just perfect. Becki was so ready to have her and I just got done with finals. A few other little miracles happened along the way. We feel so blessed to have her and Becki healthy and strong.
Mamma and little lady London. Her middle name is Ily which stands for I Love You. Becki and I always say it to each other when we text each other and it was a name Becki thought of years ago. I've always liked it and like that it's different and unique and has significant meaning to us. I think we'll be saying it a lot to our little girl as well.
Again, happy Birthday London!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats congrats CONGRATS! she's perfect!! And great recappage Bret! (Caleb needs to tell you about his almost fainting during my epidural story-panzie.) Hope the recovery goes well!! I bet Becki can't wait for that first toot so she can eat! Please let us know if we can be of help! My skills include cooking cleaning and holding cute babies!

Jennifer said...

Congrats Bret and Becki! Bret your family is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Yay!! She's beautiful!! I'm glad things went well. We're just down the road if you guys need anything. Congrats!

dani said...

Hurray! She's here! And now we're gonna have our hands SUPER full Becki! Can we handle this?! Sure we can! : ) I can't wait to meet my new neighbor! Thanks for the post, Bret...you did a great job!

Burgess said...

Wow, you're good already blogging about it! I can't wait to see that gorgeous little thing in person!

Kasha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marily said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. And I loved hearing it from Bret's perspective--very cute--is that okay to say, Bret?

The Brinkerhoff's said...

Congrats she is so cute!! Let me know if you need anything

britney said...

Congrats on the beautiful little girl! You're right! She is definitely adorable! She looks so much like Becki I think... Glad everything went well.

Kasha said...

Thanks Bret. I have been checking your blog nonstop for this gorgeous arrival. Good job Becki. You look amazing. You don't look like you are even at the hospital! I love her!

Sarah said...

Congratulations guys! She is so beautiful, and Becki I don't know how you ALWAYS look like you are ready for a model photo shoot or something, even when you are having a BABY! No fair! Can't wait to watch her grow. What a beautiful family!

Rylee said...

YAY! Little girls are so fun! And yes, I agree, she really is a beautiful baby. Congrats!

Heather said...

Yeah happy birthday London

Tiffany*Adam*Jocelyn*Parker said...

Congratulations!! London is beautiful!

Kevin and Crystal Whitlock said...

She is So CUTE!!! HEY guess what! You know how we were gonna hang out that day because Kevin was working in the valley. Well the Hospital he was working at WAS CHANDLER!!!! Crazy HUH!!! Well hope you are feeling well cant wait to meet her.