Monday, February 23, 2009

Miracles Come in Threes

I have the greatest husband who sweetly gave the detailed story of London's birth in spectacular detail. Bret is blessed with the ability to articulate so well but I still wanted to share the experience as well now that I can somewhat think clearly again.

The 19th was a day of miracles for us Crosby's. There were so many tender mercies that day and through out my whole pregnancy but 3 really lasting miracles especially.

As you know Bret has been tormenting himself by studying hard for his Masters program and for his final CPA exam. His only request was that London stay put inside me until after his last final on Thursday. Even though I didn't think my labor contractions were very serious Wednesday night I did worry that Bret might have to miss his final. I told him to go about his day as if nothing were happening and to stay focused on his exam. I went to triage (7am) and they began to monitor me. I seriously thought they were going to send me home but I told the nurse about Bret's final anyways and requested to put off delivering London until at least 3pm if at all possible. Surprisingly around 9am the nurse came back in and told me to inform Bret London was scheduled to be delivered right at 3pm. That was cutting it close but fortunately the OR was backed up so when Bret arrived at the hospital at 3:45pm we were just being prepped for the OR. We had just enough time for me to complain about being hungry and for Bret to suit up and you all know Bret's entertaining delivery room fiasco. It was such a MIRACLE for her to be born exactly when she was. It allowed Bret to get his final behind him (which he PASSED with flying colors) as well as attend the birth of our daughter. Even though we were scheduled for Sunday, Thursday was a much better alternative because Bret was able to stay at the hospital with us and enjoy the first few days with his daughter. Now that I am at home with help he is able to go to school all day to study for his CPA exam. 3 more days and Bret is liberated from studying!!! well for a short minute or two anyways.
As most of you know we didn't "plan" to conceive London but thankfully we did because it has been the greatest challenge and blessing for our family. I know we have grown closer and stronger through out this pregnancy and everything has worked out for our better. We are so blessed by Heavenly Father I frequently feel undeserving of so many amazing blessings. There are risks to having babies so close together. These risks became very real to us in the delivery room. As the doctor opened me up we both heard her audible gasp. When we asked what the shock was all about she told us to be very thankful I had gone into labor early. My uterus had been stretched so thin she said it would not have gone another day with out rupturing. If I had tried to deliver vaginally or waited until Sunday it would have been a horrible disaster. There are multiple things that go wrong when the uterus ruptures and both the mother and baby experience major health risks or die. Even if we had both survived my baby making days would for sure have been OVER. Thankfully, all went well and the doctor fixed me up magnificently. Having my ability to conceive almost taken away made me realize how lucky I am and that I for sure want more children. However, Bret and I will be taking extreme measures to ensure I don't get pregnant for a long time. So far so good, I'm not pregnant yet.
And finally, this precious baby I get to call my own is my favorite miracle. It's amazing how instant and how all encompassing the love for a child is at first site. Looking at her face I wonder how I ever lived with out her. She is so beautiful to me and she has made our family more fulfilled. I love my big boy Kingston and my baby girl London and the husband that supports us all. Again, I feel guilty to have so many enriching blessings in my life. It can't be fair for me to have everything I want and yet I do. On top of that I have the sweetest family on BOTH sides and amazing friends to speak of. Life doesn't get any better! (well, I suppose it will be a little better when my chest stops bursting and my ab muscles grow back, haha) but I truly could not be happier right now.
I was so happy they let me come home 1 day early (Saturday) so I could enjoy my family in my own home. Things have been eventful here but we are enjoying every second. Hooray for narcotics and breast pumps! We are just taking it easy and being lazy. London has been the easiest baby so far, even easier than Kingston believe it or not. I just love her!

Thanks again to everyone for your support, comments and help. We are so thankful to all of you!
ps. We have been more than happy to welcome visitors so don't be shy.

8 comments:

Kasha said...

I must see her! Your post brought tears to my tired eyes. I am so glad you are ok. I miss you and hope to see you soon!

Colton said...

Congratulations. Glad everything worked out. She is a doll, by the way.

Johnna Jayne said...

After reading that I just couldn't help but comment and say how glad I am that you and London made it through that. That truly is a miracle.

Cj-Sg said...

YEAH!!! She's here! I totally hear ya on the blessings...If we were to go back to the days of uncertainty in our YSA lives I don't think we would even believe it if someone would have told us all about what we have now such a short time later. Truly truly you definitely got some tender mercies delivering little miss but lets face it Heavenly Father is not going to let an all star of a mom like you stop at two, nope not happening! I think I will try to come by tomorrow(tues) if that's cool. Let me know I'm always so hesitant to call a momma of a new born in hopes she is getting some kind of sleep! (text me , I'll text you, answer you phone heheheh)
love ya deary.

The Perks said...

She is adorable!!! I can't wait to see her!!! Hope you are feeling better.


~Kiley Perkins~

Heather said...

I love her big cheeks. She also looks super cute in all the stuff you made her.
Congrats again!

jake and jenni said...

Congrats you guys! You have a gorgeous family!

Jodie said...

She is so darling! congratulations!