Saturday, December 8, 2007

Kingston on his way!

Hooray the big day finally arrived! Becki's water broke Friday morning the 7th all by itself. Her Mom had just flown into town and my Mom was on her way down from Eagar. So it was great timing.
We were all so excited for Kingston's grand arrival. Rennai was there taking pictures and video-ing the entire day from 10 am until almost midnight. Becki wanted to make sure I gave a shout out to her for all her hard work and for being such an amazing friend. Most of these pictures were taken by her. Thank you Rennai! Friends don't come any better than you. And I also must thank my dear sweet sister and Mom for being there all day long too.
Becki got all checked in to the Scottsdale Osborne hospital at about 9:30 am on Friday the 7th . Pearl Harbor day, and his cousin Camry's 2 year birthday as well.
After 4 + hours of contractions Becki started to really feel the pain of the amazing uterus muscle go to work. I am trying to offer whatever little relief and support that I could. I think all men must feel somewhat useless at this point of a delivery. (No need to repeat her dramatic words during this low point...)
Here is Becki before the epidural. She wanted to attempt to do the delivery without one, but after 4-5 hours of doing breathing exercises and some stretches and what not she decided that was all the pain she needed to get the full experience. Her Mom was the professional comforter and supporter throughout the entire delivery. Being a nurse for 16 years and having 18 other grandkids helps to have just the right touch and know-how.
Here is happy Becki after the epidural. She progressed very well and was dilated up to a 7. We thought Kingston would be coming pretty soon as planned, but Becki had a placental infection which caused her to have a pretty intense fever. Well her temperature kept going higher and higher and so did the baby's. Her uterus kind of stopped progressing at that point and Kingston's heart rate increased until the Doctor's concluded that it was better for the baby to be out. One of my best friends Trey Whiting and my home teacher Platte Nielson rushed down to help give a Priesthood blessing (this was especially comforting for Becki) and then Becki was on her way to the O.R. for a C-Section.
They let both Becki's Mom and I to go into the Operating Room for the C-section. Scary stuff in here. All the meds and Becki's infection made her shake pretty badly the whole time. Becki was so brave and even though we really didn't want to deliver the baby this way, we knew it was the best decision at that time for both Mommy and baby.

2 comments:

The Allen's said...

Congrats you guys!!! We love babies. He is so handsome and just looks like such a sweetie. Aren't epidurals THE BEST!! i know that the Lord has given them for a reason. :) hope you are feeling good Becki and I would love to come see him.

Rennai said...

Aww you guys are so sweet to me! I loved being there and that you allowed me to be a part of the whole experience. I was really happy to be able to provide photo and video (even though im not too great at the latter). Seriously though, I am so excited because you will both get to see the parts you missed! Baby K is such a cool little guy and so good looking, I am happy he's finally here!