Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tweet Tweet, mother nesting...

I must be in my nesting stage of this pregnancy (Bret is hopefully enjoying it too). I have been trying out new recipes and organizing our house to make room for London. AND I have started making a few things for her FINALLY. My friend Dani was just commenting that I haven't been fair to her compared to all the things I made for Kingston. I wasn't planning on doing a nursery or changing Kingston's room for London because we are probably going to move as soon as Bret graduates after she is born but I decided it might be a fun distraction to mess around with. Anyways, since I like re-creating things and I have a really small room to work with I found this awesome vintage cradl and gave it a face lift. Then I made a bed skirt and some curtains to tie in our ugly green chair. I don't like the curtains just yet so I need to mess with them some more and then I want to make a blanket for the cradle. Actually I might add a few other things to the room to bring everything together but this is what I got for now.

Before


After


Bedskirt

curtains

8 comments:

Jen said...

Soooo cute! I love what you've done! Also, I caught up on your blog and you have been busy busy busy! I love the necklace Bret gave to you for christmas! What a thoughtful guy! Anyways, such a cute crib and accessories! Yay babies!

Anonymous said...

I'm not even going to check your blog anymore if you keep up with this crafty craftiness. I love your choice in material!

Lauren said...

I love it, I'm glad you decided to do the stencil on the ends, it looks so CUTE!!!

The Brinkerhoff's said...

So Cute!! Your so talented. It was so good to chat with you the other night we need to get together moe often. I like your idea of a mommy group. We should do it.

Kevin and Crystal Whitlock said...

Luke really does need a playdate with Kingston! Mabey when Kevin is on one of his weeks off we will come play. I would live to go to your shower.

All that stuff is so CUTE!!! I love the cradle!!!

Rennai said...

I think the curtains need big buttons to finish them off

Lisa said...

I love love love it and your pics. beautiful!!

Lisa said...

I agree with Rennai that it needs big o buttons!!