Friday, November 7, 2008

About my pregnancy..

Sadly I haven't posted much about being pregnant the second time around. I know with Kingston I must have posted every little detail. This pregnancy has been so much different considering it was unexpected. So here is an update to all those who have been asking AND a picture of my belly!


I definitely did NOT throw up as much with this baby as i did with Kingston. Kingston was 10 times a day and this one was maybe 10 times total. I was SUPER tired. I could not sleep enough and barely had motivation to do anything. I noticed I started showing a LOT sooner with this baby as am I bigger. This could also be because I never made it to the gym after Kingston was born. (that's right people, it's been since 2006 that my face has been seen in fitness center) For the first 4 months all I wanted to eat was candy, sugar cereal and ice cream and fresh fruit. Now I still want all those with onion blossoms, wings and steaks. I am just barely starting to eat salads agin and other things. My poor child might come out a diabetic. Also, I've noticed I am WAY more moody and impatient than I ever was with Kingston (sorry Bret). I have had a lot of help from sisters and friends who offer to take Kingston on my bad days (life savers!!!). I'm very forgetful these days too, especially with dates and names and anything that happened 5 minutes ago. I hated hamburger with Kingston AND this baby so no Big Macs for me, I DO hit up the soft serve though... man I am thinking a diet and discipline is gonna be especially hard after I deliver. I blame myself.
Hmmmm? Baby is a little bit on the smaller side but really healthy. My doctors say she looks great in all areas so we are very happy and fortunate. We are planning to have a c-section since there are few doctors who will do vaginal deliveries on c-section mommies. So our date is February 20th as of right now which is the day bret starts his "spring Break" so he will get to be with mommy and baby for the first week and then back to the books :( We still don't have a name picked out since we don't agree on our first choices. Feel free to post your name ideas, you never know which names we'll like! Although, there was a super shock stage at first I am SOOOO excited for this baby and know that Kingston will be the most helpful big brother ever. I think God new what he was doing with our family because everything is falling into place nicely. I hope time goes by fast so we can meet her already! Anyways, that's about all I can think of right now.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

i think the name Jolie would be pretty. it reminds me of you too.

Colton said...

Meh, my sister Dawn has had three vbac deliveries. My little sister Nikki had to deliver her last baby via caesarian because he was breech. But she usually goes into labor a few weeks before her due date, so she is just going to go for it if the baby is pointed in the right direction. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I can't imagine having to be chopped up for every kid...goo.

But CONGRATULATIONS!

P.S. I don't like salad, either. Maybe I'm pregnant.

Sarah said...

I was wondering how it has been going for you for your second! Its so good to hear that you weren't as sick this time around...it gives me hope for my second. :) You are as cute as ever and I am so happy for you and your cute little family. I still like the name London or Paris, and I really like Ily as a middle!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Your pictures are AWESOME! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Barnes Blog said...

I love your cute little belly. I am so glad that you are feeling better about this pregnancy, I can't imagine how you must have felt when you first found out, although I do agree that Heavenly Father knows what He's doing.
I figure I can share some of the names we are thinking of since we are so far from eachother I don't think it would be a problem. :)
Madge, Elleanor, Elle, Claire, Clara and Cameron.
love ya girl, keep up the good attitude, I need it. :)

Carli said...

I like the name Wen and I still like London! But good luck coming to an agreement that was always the hardest part for us!

Burgess said...

The good thing about c-sections is that you get to plan when it happens! That's what I'm looking forward to with the next one. That'll be nice to have Bret for a whole week.

I'm going to be the Devil's advocate and say that if you go with London or Paris, you have a location theme going on and you'll have to name all of your kids location names. Which isn't necessarily bad, it might be kinda cute.

Izzy misses Kingston. You'll have to bring him over sometime.

Cori Carpenter said...

Sounds like my second pregnancy! I was sick like twice! The baby didn't move as much and I was way more moody, forgetful, and bigger to! Crazy! I'm glad things are going good for you guys! I bet Kingston will be a great big brother! I like the name in the first comment...Jolie...that's cute! I still really like Ily for the middle name as well, very clever!