Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Batman

Kingston, how do I explain this kid in words? He's a B.O.Y. by nature and capitalizes on that fact in every way. Sure he likes sports like his dad and seems to be naturally coordinated but he has this passion for action. Jumping, climbing, kicking, punching, biting, No Mama!, Gun noises, tackle, tickle, a kiss here and there, throwing, flipping, running, oh yes and recently skate boarding in the house, the fun never ends. There is no communicating with this boy. If you really want him to respect you or listen, you have to join him in wonderland and play along on his boyish missions. Once you have rolled around with him a few times and tossed a few pillows at him he will listen to just about anything you say. He may not live in reality but this kid is a whiz. He knew all the letters in the alphabet and the sounds they make as well as a few easy words like dog and hat before his 2nd Birthday. You can be sure I didn't have a hand in that {Miss can't spell at all here}. Now he is on to numbers, colors and shapes. He is highly motivated by his sticker chart and tweets {he means treats not Twitter}. He is honest to a fault. Thankfully he hasn't caught on to blaming others just yet and will confess to ANYTHING {"Yesh"} with a regrettable sadness on his face as he realizes consequences are coming. He also has an adorable British accent when saying words like "yogurt" and "water". He gets overly excited around other people and especially kids. This is when the outrageous behavior steps up from annoying to abhorrent. But in day to day life he is pretty complacent as long as he has the companionship of his batman. A boy and his batman, a blind blessing to witness each day for sure. Kishes!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little B.O.Y. I love being his aunty who gets to witness his rambunctiousness and roll around with him and spoil him with "fru snah" (fruit snacks). Even though I could never come between him, batman or "soup-man" (superman) I think he loves me too, that is if he shows love by climbing on and punching you.

that pic is pretty classic!! GUILTY as Charged.

Shelley said...

As his gma, I can only say, that it all adds up to him being--- adorable! I only wish I was there to spend more time with that little rascal!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh this blog is pretty! No..you're so bad-A! I would love to see my friend sometime soon. I always miss you ya know.