Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Finicky

Bret tells me I am finicky. Naturally I want to disagree but my subconscious remembers my dad telling me the same thing a time or two. Just because I am captivated by a new interest before I can appreciate the last, doesn't give a man the right! So what if I have too many hobbies to practice in one lifetime. So what if my cell phone turn over is higher than UOP's employees. So what if I can't form proper sentences because my mind is busy conjuring up an idea. So What!

Ok, truthfully? I feel for the man, and my poor parents now that I think of it. They Must think I am like Corky From Corky Romano in the scene where he is accidentally exposed to an entire bag of cocaine and then tries to talk to a class of 2nd graders. {Except I am drug free of course, unless Dr. Pepper counts as an inhibiter.}


Example of my thought process at any given point in a day:

I need to go to JoAnns for buttons, glitter...
I should put glitter on that painting of the nest.
What if I put feathers in the napkin rings for a dinner party?
Tickle kingston for squealing.
Give him batman back.
Lo is stinky.
Lets go through the closets and box up the outgrown clothes.
I should get a label maker.
Look online.
Email, link, this blog, that blog, another blog, link, link, email..
Diaper change.
Put on "NIPE" aka Snipe. {Up}
Get down the letters.
Did I eat?
We need groceries.
I should make a list.
Can't find notepad.
Found Stamps!
I should print labels for x, y, z packages.
I will go to the post office to drop them off.
While I am out I will go to JoAnns because I need buttons, glitter...
Glittered twigs would be awesome for a center piece!

It doesn't seem exhausting until the end of the day when even I can't decipher my own thoughts. I don't question why he never understands me. Who does? But he loves me, and that's all I care about, and glitter.... I should buy a boat!

over and out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun....and now I am tired from reading it. How do you do it all?!

Jenifer said...

This is a crazy because this is exactly how my mind works! I had to start writing things down just so I could remember what I was supposed to be doing in the first place. I'm way too impulsive. lol. Great post Becki!

The Brinkerhoff's said...

That is seriously me!!! Travis always quotes the scence of corky giving the talk to the kids as me!! 'Question?? 'Question?' I think I am going to buy a boat!! lol I guess I am totally Random

Heather said...

Yep that's pretty much my thoughts exactly.

simplyshye said...

aLL i cAN SaY is ... i TOTALLY undersTANd you CauSE i think That EXACT same WAY =)

Lisa said...

Is this girls in general? I think i'm on the semi-safe side in saying YES!! Our brains are literally able to process multiple-multiple thoughts, at once. Where as guys, well, think one thought at a time and only ONE. This is why they need us.