Saturday, December 13, 2008

Marriage Speculation

I remember when I was single and home for Christmas one year. Let's see, I was just about to turn 23 (my birthday is December 3oth) so it was Christmas of 2004. Mom sat me down face to face, looked me square in the eye and said "Bret, 23 is great age to get married." Wow said I. Unfortunately for Mom but fortunately for me I got married when I was 24 to the most amazing girl ever. Most definitely worth the wait.

So why do I tell this story? Well, I have 3 single siblings. Lisa, age 25; Reed, fresh off a mission in July, age 21; Tami, the baby of the fam, age 19. My sister Kari, age 23 got married last month, which got me thinking, I wonder who will be next. Lisa has been dating an awesome guy for like 6 months. Tami is getting more serious with her high school sweetheart, and I hear Reed is bringing home a little lady for Christmas. Since I am the married older brother I get to speculate, pressure, tease, and yes even post a poll on a blog to vote about who we think will get married next. So if you know the three candidates, I'd like to see what "the public" thinks about the situation. Cast your votes and leave any comments if you'd like to justify your prediction.

2 comments:

Rylee said...

I'm thinking Lisa! I hope so anyway!

Colton said...

I'm going to have to vote on Lisa, too. Six months is a long time for people that aren't going to make it longer!

And you spelled my name wrong on your little column thingy on the left.