Thursday, April 16, 2009

Dear Hope

Dear Bret,
You do not know me at all but my sister Lori is the jeweler that created the mother's necklace for your wife. My sister shared your family blog with me and your wife's reaction to the necklace. It was one of Lori's proudest moments as an artist to be able to be part of something like that and your gesture made us realize that both of our husbands hopelessly unromantic!
I am writing you because we have had some horrible news. My sister who is pregnant with her fourth child has just been diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma and has started treatment for this disease. She has had to close her jewelry business until her recovery and it was heart breaking to her.

I have started a fundraiser that I would be honored for you and your wife to participate in. There are bracelets I designed and I would love for those who know her personally or have been touched by her art to have one, make a donation to the lymphoma research foundation and to send me a picture so I can put together a little surprise film for her. this would be ready for her in time for her to deliver her baby girl...who in my mind I have named HOPE.

I have visited your wife's website in photography and Whippycake and am a huge fan. I hope you will join me in helping my sister feel loved, supported and inspired to continue on her journey of recovery.

Please visit my blog www.dearesthope.blogspot.com

I hope to hear from you.

Lyra Repplinger

Bret passed this email on to me and I was so touched. We would love to help as much as we can so if any of you friends would like to support their cause let me know and I can make it happen. I also plan on selling her bracelets at my booth in May. Thanks for reading.

No comments: