Friday, May 9, 2008

WOa Now!

OK. I finished The Host last night. Here is my run down. I think it's a really awesome book. It kept me interested the whole way through. It is not comparable to The Twilight series because it's a completely different kind of book and story. Twilight is heavy on the romance and The Host is not as much. However, LOVE is very much a factor in this book. Even though Twilight has mythical creatures like vamps and werewolves everything else is relatively normal. The Host is way more "out there" [pun intended]. Stephanie Meyer seriously has a loaded imagination but I really got sucked into it. It's over top and a one of a kind story and did I mention I REALLY liked it. I do like different though so if your a tradition reader don't expect this book to be practical because it's not.

The book really gets your wheels turning... I am still thinking "Woa Mamma!!!" the next day. I recommend waiting to read it until you can honestly give it some attention because it can get if you miss something you miss a lot. I think the first few chapters are pretty confusing and I was wondering what the heck was going on so I was worried the whole book would be like that but the more you read the more things are explained so KEEP reading.

I personally love romance saturated love stories so Twilight is still my favorite but I did like The Host a LOT better than a lot of other books I have read recently. The ending... hmmm I am still undecided about the ending. I also don't know if this is going to be s series, does anyone know if it will be?

So there you have it. Read it for yourself though.

3 comments:

Trina said...

awsome! i wonder if i could borrow it from you? i'm way excited to read it and i don't wait for the library waiting list that i'm sure will have me waiting anxiously for the next 2 or 3 months!

Cori Carpenter said...

oooo, thanks for the run-down! I haven't read it yet, but I am planning on it! I have already prepared myself to not compare it with Twilight... I don't think anything can be compared with it! Anyway, I am way excited to read it!

Colton said...

If you find out whether it is a series or not, let me know, because I hate reading books in the start of a series that hasn't been completed yet....sounds like a fun one, though.