Tuesday, May 6, 2008

D-Backs game

My turn to post again. Hmmm, looks like the only time I ever post is when we go to a sporting event. Oh well! So my job is ka-freakin' awesome and hooked us up with free tickets to Monday night's game against the Phillies. We were so excited that Becki went shopping and found sweet D-backs shirts for each of us. The D-backs have the best record in baseball and since our Suns sucked it up in the Playoffs now it's time to divert my attention to our NL West defending Champs.
My boss Sam Blackham and his girlfriend Heather Hall had the other two tickets from Infusion. It was fun getting to hang out with Sam outside of work.
Becki was such a trooper. Even though the game lasted 3 hours she didn't complain and even made it fun. She even heckled the Phillie fans behind us who wouldn't stop chanting "E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles Eagles Eagles!" She stood up and yelled right at them "Shut Up! This is Baseball!" Everyone around us cheered for her. I was so proud.
I cheered as loud as I could but the Phillies had our number this night and won 11-4. It was fun for Becki and I to spend some time together since I was gone most of the weekend at the lake. Thanks Nanna & Pompa for babysitting Kingston for us!



4 comments:

Colton said...

I'm going to have to side with Becki on this one...the one baseball game that I went to was longer than heck and I couldnt believe the prices that some people pay for that...I mean, I would do it again if it were free, but seriously...that was the year that the Diamondbacks won the World Series, too.

Anonymous said...

Um please ask Bret to ask Sam if he knows me. He looks dang familiar. Did he graduate from BYU and live with a Mike Hemmingway. If so, you have an excellent boss. He was very nice and very smart.

Bret said...

Hey Kasha, yes Sam remembers you. What a small world. He says hi. He recalls that you dated Mike Hemmingway, right?

Tara L. Stradling said...

Great pictures! You guys looked like you had a ball!