Sunday, November 11, 2007

Friday Night Lights

There's nothing like Friday nights under the lights. Becki and I went to my alma mater's (Round Valley) state playoff second round game Friday night way out at some high school in Queen Creek I had never heard of. But the drive was well worth it. My good friend Trey Whiting and his little girl Ella came with us. We got some grub from the tailgaters from RV and enjoyed the sweet sunset and the perfect weather while also witnessing the mighty Elks kick some Wickenburg butt 28 to 14! I'll admit it, I am a frequent visitor to the White Mountain Football Smackboard. Here's the link:
http://www.whitemountainfootball.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2

Although I have never posted, I often enjoy reading all the smack between all the 3A East teams, especially when some Bill Lundbergh dude from Wickenburg sounds off about how bad Wick is going to kill RV, and then we win, and decisively at that. Haha sucker! This Friday we play Coolidge at MCC to see who goes to the title game. Let's go Elks-



















Here is the student section at the game. I was really impressed; they stood and cheered loud the entire game. RV school spirit has really improved since I was there...Hmmm, maybe that's because the football team is now actually good.







5 comments:

Rylee said...

Wow, those pictures are gorgeous. There's nothing like watching the elks kick some butt. It didn't happen often enough when we were in HS. Wish I could have seen the game. Sounds like it was awesome.

Rusty and Ashley said...

What do you mean we didn't have school spirit back then? All 12 of the students who actually watched the games cheered as loud as they could!! j/k! I do have to agree, things are way different now. A good coach and a good football team will do that! Great to see you guys at the game. I'm sure we will see you on Friday! Go Elks!

Lisa said...

hey thats fun! I want to go FRIDAY night.

Tami said...

Yaya for the elks! I miss chantiing E L K S repeatidly for hours at a time!

Chris and Jerrae said...

Wow, that sunset is about the coolest one I've ever seen. Glad to hear the Elks have picked it up and started to play "GATA" football. Do you remember that slogan? Hahah

Chris