Thursday, November 15, 2007

Boxy is Foxy



We got a new car... if you can call it a car.
We sadly traded in my sweet little bug for a toaster! We traded my car in today for a 06 Scion xb. We shopped and shopped around and finally decided on the xb. It has the highest ratings and reviews and was voted in the top 10 most wanted cars by both the experts and consumers on Edmunds.com

It has 24,000 miles on it and gets an amazing 34 miles per gallon, has keyless entry and power doors and windows, tinted glass, mp3/cd premium sound system, ipod adapter, and a safety package for our little Kingston. It has a ton of space inside too and plenty of leg room. Lots of room for our junk. I also like the road side assistance that came with it and the 100,000 mile warranty! It will be so much easier getting our kids in and out all the time.

Bret isn't fond of the body style but we both agree it was a smart buy. We already have tons of equity in it too from our trade in so we are excited to pay it off really soon. I am super glad Bret helps me to be patient... some things are important to investigate and worth waiting for the best offer. He's pretty much the smartest/sweetest husband EVER!

6 comments:

Kevin and Crystal Whitlock said...

Great buy! I love Scion xbs, we looked into buying one to but my mazda 6 was the better option for us in the end. Sorry you had to get rid of the bug but the xb is much more practical for kingston. I'm glad you did your research and made a smart buy. Have Fun I love getting a new car!

Bret said...

For any doubters out there, I recommend giving this little boxcar a chance before you think "what the crap is that thing?" Becki and I shopped and researched and argued about what car to get for about 3 weeks straight. We wanted and needed a 4 door car to replace Becki's 2 door Bug. The thing with the turbo diesel bug is that it had nice power and good gas mileage, so it was very difficult to find a replacement vehicle. Well, we almost got a Mazda 3, but we finally agreed that this little box will be the most practical for us with a new baby, it fit our budget, and it will probably be good that it doesn't have as much power (so that I don't get as many speeding tickets). Seriously this car has amazing reviews and everyone I talked to about Scions absolutely loved them. It's already growing on me. So yeah, don't judge the box until you check it out for yourself!

Barnes Blog said...

Ok, Alan and I have wanted one of those Kleenex Boxes for a long time now. I am so jealous. I love those cars. We were worried about it not having enough power though. How does it do?

Tami said...

Neato, I like it! I hadnt even thought about the bug not being very practical with a baby, im glad you found something good though!

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bret said...

Hi Barnes family! The power is definitely not like the bug, but it's not completely gutless. I'm deciding I like it, even though I miss the puke green bug!