Thursday, August 16, 2007

Krafts for Kingston

I'm having tons of fun making stuff for our precious baby! During Joann's coupon comotion week i decided to take advantage and buy a few things at 50% off. (Bret doesn't like Joann very much, or Michael because he says they take our money:)

This is a baby body pillow for the little guy. My mom said these are almost mandatory at the childrens hospital because the safety benefits. I like to do things eclectic which is why none of the letters are the same font (it was intentional) and I like the double seem ribbons on both sides too. I have to say it looks way better in real life.

















Another Joann find- (I can't help it, a brand new one just opened up by my house) Basically it's just a card board letter that was broken so i fixed it, painted it and then roughed up the edges a lil bit. It's really BIG!




















These are a favorite. Since i have a low tolerance for the color baby blue (and if you go to any baby section ALL the boy stuff is baby blue) i decided to make my own diaper clothes. I found the fabric at.... JOANN'S :) and thought it was pretty rad. I threw on some random ribbons and embroidered a "K" on each one and sewed it all together all pertty like so... They aren't perfect because i haven't sewn in years but he's just gonna spit up on them anyways ;)















I owe a special thanks to my mom who is helping me with his baby blanket. I had to make things complicated by picking out some challenging fabrics but she has a few tricks up her sleeve thank goodness. So you can expect pictures of the blanket in a few weeks when she gets back from Utah. Thanks mommy!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Also a good idea for burp cloths (since pastels and mainstream baby stuff is NOT my thing) and they absorb well... using towels to make them. you can still imbroider, and personalize or even just use towels to back your fancy ones. The Deskins used a surger (sp) to make a bunch of burpies for me out of towels... they are all I use.

Shelley said...

Sweet Becki, I love all the cute things you are doing for Kingston, and I am so glad to know that you aren't to crazy about blue, however, I think I did buy him some blue things. I love the burp towels, very cute and orginal of course. The body pillow is also adorable. You will love the material that Tami picked out for a quilt for Kingston, but she won't be able to start on it until she gets home for Christmas break!
This is all so very exciting, getting ready for a new little Crosby addition!! Can't wait!! Love, Gramma Crosby