Sunday, August 5, 2007

The C.P.A Exam is Life...

The rest is just details. Well, at least for the next 6 months it will be. As I've told most of you, I have undertaken the daunting task of sitting for the CPA Exam. The exam has 4 sections, each test about 4 hours long. My first one is August 30th and my last one will be the middle of January. I plan on studying at least 25 hours per week which means getting up at 5 for a couple hours before work and then locking myself in the office after dinner until it's bedtime. The passing rate for first timers in '06 was 44%, which is better than I thought.























My "Bisk CPA Ready" study material consisting of 4 fat textbooks, video lectures, software with diagnostic tests and final exam practices, audio CD's, all the supplemental material and a hole in my pocket of about $1800.00. I hope it will get me prepared! It better!






1 comment:

Shelley said...

Bret, you have excellent work habits and you are kind of a 'tight wad' so I know you won't want to waste your $1800 investment! You are also smart and disciplined and I know that you will pass it the first time because you are such a brilliant boy! Keep studying!! Love ya, MOM