Monday, April 19, 2010

What the FRENCH toast?

You know what bugs me? I mean REALLY bugs me. Comparisons. Who was the Punk Face that said "Hey World! I have an idea, lets get people and more specifically women to compare themselves against each other. Better yet, lets get the media involved so not one woman misses a day without feeling inadequate or UGLY!"

Hey world! Here's my idea, lets find that guy and give him 1 million punches to the face!

Attention Men: now's the time where you tune me out because you can't relate.

Attention Ladies: Ever listen to the conversations you have with your friends? How many times did you say you were going to work out, start a diet, change something about your appearance, remodel/ makeover something in your house etcetera etcetera? Don't you just get annoyed with yourself? Wouldn't it be great to just let yourself be for a day or two? I feel like blogger and typed pad have joined forces to speed up the spread of insecurities, jealousy and my favorite, FRIENAMIES!

I can't help but feel a little sour every time I hear someone say "I don't have any talents" or "I am not as good as so and so". Who the heck IS as good as so and so, show me one person! Yes, I hate to cook and I sleep in like a bear, does that put me in the trophy wife hall of shame? "Hi, I don't scrap book and I never ran a marathon, yes I know, I'm a mutant"

So I say, "Hey world, bite me." I could just sit around and do nothing and refuse to try anything in life but I know there is someone out there who will still be a better blob than me so I won't try because AGAIN with the comparisons.

Introducing New Guy who says "Hey World, Let get the kids involved!" Our poor children don't stand a chance. Not unless they memorize all the "My Baby Can Sign" videos and recite the presidents in order. {Walter, She's 6 months old and can't walk yet. WHAT DO WE DO!?!?!? It's too late Sally, She's a menace to society, we'll have to move and change our names. Noooooooo!} Dear Kingston and London, you better not suck at anything or I will be shamed in the blogging world forever.

My Solution? Lets find Punk Face and New Guy and junk punch em!

My new philosophy: Regardless of what I can and can't do or the abilities of my children I thinks it's my right to be happy the way I am and to be proud of my kids no matter how fat London's head is or how many times Kingston gets kicked out of nursery for being a Ninja. So move along world. Go ahead and do your comparisons and smile at me facetiously as if you're my friend, assuming that you are better than me. I will be over here enjoying life regardless. So HA!

(if you read this and are thinking "wow, she must be really insecure." you would be RIGHT. Yes, I get jealous of other people. Yes, I compare myself to to other girls. Yes, I know people who are my so called "friends". Yes, I am not oblivious to the fact that there are individuals who smile at the thought of making me feel bad. All of which are reasons why I am insecure. {I'm only human} Tired of it much? AbsoFREAKINlutley. Do I feel the need to keep up the facade that I don't care? Not so much :)

11 comments:

Rennai said...

I love that I can call you my real friend, and that you can call me your truest friend

Carli said...

Much enjoyed this one BECKI LOVE YA LOVE YOUR SHOW! Have no idea why my computer decided to put that line in caps I swear the caps lock was off!!!!

Leticia Clarkson said...

Becki, usually I'm happy blog stocking you and your cute ideas but lady you took the words right out of my mouth! I've been feeling much the same way as of late. Punk Face and New Guy better watch out because I junk punch with a baseball bat!

Chelsee said...

Well put! I look at your blog every now and then. And I love Whippy Cake. Thanks for showing all us 'hair idiots' a thing or two.

Jennifer said...

Becky, I am a fellow blog stalker :) I grew up with Bret and I love your blog and your cute kids!
Anyways that was brilliant, I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't know how many times I have thought the very same stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Can I say "Guilty", but say it with a high pitched "guilt"...and then make the "y" sound like eeeeeeeeee. Yes, I am guilty, but you put it into perspective perfectly. Thanks for saying what you said.

Trina said...

Becki, You probably don't remember me but I am Adam Lee's little sister:) I follow your whippy cake blog like true blog stalker and its safe to say you are one of my crafty heros. You are amazing, I loved this blog post! Thanks for everything!

Brittney said...

I LOVE knowing that I am not the only one who compares!! And I hate that I do it!!! This was 1000% true to the fullest:)!! I think that's why I get depressed is because I say I am fat, not as cute as my friends, not talented or creative or brayton doesn't know how to spell his name or know his abc's so on and so forth but all it does is bring me down! But no more!!! So what!! I need to be happy for who I am and who my kids are!! Because all in all I think we are quite fabulous aside from the stupid comparisons:) thanks becki!!! I love reading ur posts!!!! Love u girl!!!

Trina said...

thanks for that!

Lisa said...

I love me...and I love you for writing that we should all love our selves and our lives for what they are today. glad I know you sis.

Tiffany said...

i compare myself to everyone, obsessively. like dang, "why dont i have the creative abilities as her?" or "she is so skinny" blah blah etc etc. so its kinda nice to know im not the only person that does that. i do aspire to be more like you and a few other of my friends. so good job and being a great example!