Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tah Dah!

Yes, I finally finished the yard! Well, not the entire yard yet, but finished the sprinkler system, curbing, extending the back porch with the square and rectangle concrete slabs and laid the sod. There's still a lot to go. And I shouldn't say "I" either cuz I had lots of help. Eric Eaves from my new ward hooked it up and helped me put in the spinkler system and let me borrow his tools, I hired a couple Mexicans to do the curbing, Dad gave up a couple weekends to come down and set the forms with me, mix the concrete, pour it, and work it until it set just right, and Barry gave up his President's Day to come unload a ton (literally) of dirt to level it out and to help lay all the sod. Becki and I think it looks so good and King loves to run around in the grass. Lo skips the grass and goes straight to the dirt to get as much in her mouth before we can take her away. I'm so glad to finally have this part done. I show it off to everyone who stops by the house. The next project will be finishing the sprinkler system for the garden boxes, finish the drip line and plant some fruit trees, and we want to do some vines to grow up and cover the back wall. Anyways, we're gonna enjoy it.



7 comments:

becki said...

Dear Husband,

all of your hard work is Sexy and I love you for landscaping the yard the way I wanted. I also think blogging is hot so you should do that more too.

I love you. I love you. I LOOooooOOOVE YOU!

Kari said...

Wow- looks so much better than it did in the beginning! In fact, it looks incredible! Well done brother dear.

simplyshye said...

CooL SlaBES !! i LiKE it .

Marily said...

Great job! Your yard looks great and I am sure the kids will enjoy it. We have been in our house for two years and still have a lot that needs to get done on our yard.

Tami said...

That looks so good! When you said sod I was thinking you put in those wood chips, not nice grass! I want to come over and play in your grass. The grass here is full of dog poop.

Lisa said...

NICE!! Barry slept like a baby the night after he helped you. He was pooped!!

Good JOB!

Tara L. Stradling said...

Excellent. Now it's time for you to come over and do my yard...