Tuesday, October 20, 2009

In Threes

Bret and I take turns each year planning our anniversary and this year was my turn. Because we were moving the day of our anniversary my plans were delayed until further notice. After weeks of unpacking and crazy schedules it got to the point where we just wrote it off and decided not to do anything... or at least that's what I let Bret think.

Since it is our 3rd yr together the whole night was planned in threes. I arranged for a babysitter and planned a 3 part evening for just the two of us. Everything was pretty simple but I covered our house in over 100 tea lights which looked BEAUTIFUL! Part One started with a 3 course meal of Steak, glazed potatoes and sauteed green beans with sparkling cider. Dinner was followed by a 3 layer dessert. Part two was my favorite part which is still in the works but I included a teaser photo until it is finished. Part three was a movie together which is a simple thing we almost never enjoy alone.



I know it wasn't anything brilliant or spectacular but these days spending "alone" time is more than special enough for me. Plus, I'm fortunate enough to look back on the past 3 years and exclaim "I'm so lucky!!!". What more can someone ask for?

2 comments:

Kevin and Crystal Whitlock said...

Ahhh you are so good to your man. I hope he knows how lucky he is!

Carli said...

Bret is one lucky fellow and I hope he knows it! Great job Becki you are so extreamly creative and thoughtful!