Wednesday, June 4, 2008

You're gonna stab me with what now?

Trying new things is not always good... like a spring loaded biopsy gun. Yikes! For all of you who were asking my biopsy, it was easy breezy. Of course the first thing I saw when I walked in was the giant foot long needle on the counter and for a second I was ok with leaving the mystery tumor unsolved. This odd looking device takes a punch sample of tissue for the lab to examine. The gun is loud but not too painful after the numbing stuff.
The technician and the radiologist were AMAZING and totally put my mind at ease about the gun. They talked everything out with me which made me feel a little less vulnerable on the table.

Britta was way too nice to me. She found a babysitter for me [THANX Burgess!] and drove me to and from my appointment.
She also took me to get my nails done in my NEW favorite color {hard to get} and then to Lunch. Yummmm! Kabuki!
THEN she took me to Target to get a new Sporty [which I might never take off because nice and snug, silky and pink] and ice packs. Ooo Yah! When she had to go to work :( Kasha came and watched king [no lifting over 5lbs]. Kasha, You are so great!

So, the soonest I might hear any results would be Friday. Even though the lump is pretty big at 3cm the radiologist said she would be really surprised if it was anything of concern since i have perfect health in my family and since I am so young. So i don't really care too much about finding out anytime soon. I will update you all when i find something out though.

ps. I think going to the dentist is way worse than getting a core biopsy.

3 comments:

Tara L. Stradling said...

Biopsy? What? What's going on wif you?

Rennai said...

you've replaced me :(

becki said...

the result came back negative for cancer:) All I have to do now is annual ultrasounds.