Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

I know I'm a week late. It's just that I'm still kind of in shock that I'm actually a Father now. I think it was Reed who said in one of his e-mails "Can you believe that Bret is actually responsible for another human life?" Well, the answer to that is No. I cannot beleive it.
Anyways, last Sunday morning I heard Becki get out of bed early. She NEVER gets out of bed early so I knew something was up. I didn't want to ruin anything so I just stayed in bed. A few minutes later she brought in my beautiful baby boy with this little sign around his neck. How precious is that? Then she brought me breakfast in bed: cinnamon rolls, fruit, and milk. The tray was actually a small box. Upon closer inspection of the box I noticed that it was a gift- a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse for my new little laptop that I got a couple weeks ago. So cool.
Then when I finally did get out of bed I saw this down the hallway...Ties! They were everwhere. I love thick, ugly, wide, fat, old-school polyester ties. Becki got me a box of like 30 or so.

She even spelled out "daddy" in ties just to add that extra special touch. Yeah, that's a lot of ties! My collection is no where near Mark's or our cousin J Train's, but this will give me a great start.
Becki also got me the book Mark was telling me about called "Young Bucks." I got the mail when Becki was gone last week visiting her family and I accidentally opened it. Oops. :) It's written by Troy Dunn who is the inspiration to Becki's business name "whippy cake." It's about how to raise your kids to be millionaires. I'm excited to read it. Mark, I'll have to let you borrow it when I'm done! Thank you so much baby girl! You made my first Father's Day unforgetable.

2 comments:

Tara L. Stradling said...

What a great gift. I absolutely LOVE them ties my friend...

Lisa said...

ohhh bret you are a great daddy! you sure love your baby boy!!