Sunday, September 23, 2007

ASU Football!

I love this time of year! The weather is cooling down, the D-Backs are leading the division with only a week left, and my favorite...football has started up. So Saturday night Mark and I, along with Kaemon, went to the ASU football game vs. Oregon State. We scalped some cheap tickets and saw a very exciting game. ASU started horrible and we were down 19 to nothing at the end of the 1st quarter, but we battled back the entire game and won 44 to 32. Go Devils! Mark had lots of treats for Kaemon including 2 new cars so he actually was pretty well-behaved for a 2 year old at a 3 and a half hour football game. He loved the fireworks after each score and even cheered along with us "Go ASU!" and "Go Devils!" Good times. Oh, they inducted Jake Plummer into the ASU Hall of Fame at halftime too. The last time ASU went to the Rose Bowl was back in '96 when the great Jake the Snake lead us to the Pac 10 title. Maybe this year the Devils can surprise some people with my man Rudy Carptenter as their QB. (He was in my Com 302 class his freshman year).














2 comments:

Enjoy the Journey said...

Hey Bret! Its Tawni... You are and your wife are such a great couple! She is beautiful! And congrats on the new little guy coming! I LOVE the name Kingston!
I would have to say that I was a little nervous after the half, but was exstatic at the end of the game! So glad there are fellow SUN DEVILS out there! Maybe we will run into you at a game! GO DEVILS!

Linds said...

I love football games! I'm jealous . . .