Sunday, February 20, 2011

Picking Oranges

Last Sunday we took the kids to uncle Brian's and aunt J'net's house to pick oranges. It was one of those perfect days with perfect weather. Briand and J'net are always so sweet to let us come and raid their trees when they are ready and ripe. We were greedy, VERY greedy and loaded up our car full of citrus. The kids played in the tree-house and jumped on the trampoline. Brian let them feed the chickens and chase them around the orchard. London helped herself to a carrot from their garden. We also got to take home some broccoli fresh off the stock which was heavenly. It was a lovely day.




 

 We have been enjoying the all you can eat orange menu at our house, plus quitting DP has been a cinch now that I eat 5 to 10 oranges a day. I was bragging to Bret that I am over 14 days sober today (from dr pepper that is). Hooray for oranges and go me! (side note: Bret hasn't had a drop of any kind of soda for 51 days. One of his many strengths is the ability to commit to something and of course he avoids the temptation. Good for him.)

ps. aren't those images cool? I used a new app on my phone and I LOVE it. I don't even need to crop or edit. So cool!

No comments: