Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Until it hurts

I was just sitting here in my home, stuffing rag dolls and painting faces when I started looking around my sad messy house. When I say sad I mean neglected and tonight I realized that my neglect reaches all the way to my family as well. *super sad face :(

I'm thinking of my sweet Lo asleep next to me who is perfect and quiet all day every day who I haven't taken a minute to stare at and adore, my rascally King of disaster who is eager to learn and play with who I didn't blow bubbles for and mostly my impressive Bret who I didn't squeal and jump on when he walked in the door. I wish I could be more like Bret in every way. He is so responsible, determined, frugal and disciplined. I can't help but morn over my lost opportunities in the past to praise him and acknowledge all of his hard work because I was "busy". I'm saddened at my overlooked chances to squeeze and hold him till he's blue in the face because I was "busy". I feel like a fool when I realize I am living in the future and not in the present (one of satan's easy wins). How easily I forget that any distraction is a BAD distraction from what really matters. Stuff is stuff, things are just things but people are living human beings. I want to yell from a mountain "wake up and LOVE your family" loud enough for my own ears to hear. I want to stop time from ticking so I can give my family and friends the attention they deserve. I want to tell my husband how much I need him every day and make sure he believes me. I want to go for walks with our children and laugh and play. I want to show my family I love them EVERY day. I want to kiss and hug them, play with and love them, laugh and cry with them, and spend ALL my time with them. I want to admire and appreciate, encourage and advocate, and adore them in every way. I want to ponder all the ways I can make them happy until my brain hurts. I think I will start today. I love you baby and I want to be better.
ily,
-wifey

ps. Obviously I am not ashamed to LOVE in public.
Love someone today :)

5 comments:

simplyshye said...

ThaNK YoU !!! i nEED to Do ALLLLLL of thIS as weLL ! Guess - We juST StEp oVER the MeSS ?? And .... - yA - go OuT to Eat ... Hehe

Colton said...

He's lucky to have you. Don't forget that, too.

Kelliann said...

Becki, you took the thoughts from my own heart. I think that every day. I try my hardest to keep myself open to my kids while I'm working, but it's hard. Another hard part for me is when family come into town and I'm torn between work and them. I wish that I could just drop everything, but I can't. It's a hard balance. Good luck.

Heather said...

Thanks for the reminder.

Jenifer said...

*sigh* I know this feeling all too well my dear. You put it into words much better than I could have. Ryan's already 8 months old. . . Thanks for this post. I'm taking the weekend off and spending time with my family!