Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes when I watch London smiling at nothing I wonder who she is smiling at. Sometimes I wonder if the soothing presence of her company is because the light of Christ is so pure within her. Sometimes I wonder if she will tell me something sacred if I listen quietly enough. Sometimes I wonder if I am her mother so I can teach her or if she is my daughter so I can learn from her. Sometimes I wonder if I will be able to protect her from pain and suffering. Sometimes I hope she will be able to infect others with her sweetness. Sometimes when she looks at me with adoration I think that Father is telling me he loves me directly. Sometimes when she is sleeping in her bed I quietly sneak in just to hold her. And sometimes I let myself believe that I actually deserve her, Sometimes.
Photobucket

7 comments:

Enjoy the Journey said...

Oh Becki!
What an amazing picture and such a profound thought. Way to get the tears going already today. Thanks for the reminder...

Lisa said...

Wow!! that picture is amazing!! Your thoughts really touched me and then I noticed the picture.... cry....

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Through my tears I think that someday I'll have a daughter and will love her as much as you love little London. She's so lucky to have a mamma that loves her so much.

Laura said...

What a sweet tribute to your daughter. She is a darling! Glad you guys are in your new house now! :)

Kevin and Crystal Whitlock said...

So sweet

Shelley said...

Becki dear, you made this Gma cry, such wonderful insight you have. Yes, London is a special little spirit, we're so lucky to have her in our family!

Tiffany*Adam*Jocelyn*Parker said...

What a great picture! Thanks for sharing that sweet post